Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Answers? Maybe?

So, it has been a while since I posted. A lot has gone on, and a lot still to do. We (being my Dr, my psychiatrist, and myself) think that some of my issues are due to a combination of Fibromyalgia and migraines, as well as stress and anxiety. From what little research I have been able to do, this seems fairly common in the fibro community. I have Physical therapy starting next week to try and get my shoulders and neck and upper back strong, Vestibular (balance) therapy the week after that to try to train my body to balance using my inner ear (the way most people do) rather than using and exhausting my eyes (the way my body has decided to do it). I still can't stand outside and watch cars go by, much less go for a walk. My FMLA leave is up, and my employer has been flexible and gracious enough to allow me 3 more weeks of personal leave, but that expires May 1st, and I have serious doubts of me functioning at a level high enough to return to work. I have applied for SSI/Disability, but the hoops and mountains of paperwork are overwhelming, and my gut reaction is to bury my head in the sand and procrastinate on it. Not such a good process, and now I am facing another deadline. Add to that the bills that continue to come in (over $700 AFTER insurance for some testing, just to hear that everything seemed normal), and my stress level continues to rise. I haven't even started the process of long term disability thru Standard. I don't have the patience for that again. Just trying to take a breath and relax and take it day by day, hour by hour, minute by minute.


Donate to Megan's Medical Fund

No comments:

Post a Comment